Habit 1 of 5 Habits for Happiness
"Happiness is an inside job"
Five Happy Things
Today I want you to sit down with a notepad and pen and write a small list for me.
I want you to take a minute to think and then write down 5 things that when you do them, leave you feeling full of joy and with a smile on your dial.
Now these 5 things should be things that you are capable of and willing to do every single day.
Here's my list to give you some ideas
1. Cuddle with my little boy in bed before getting started on the day.
2. Visit the park and go for a swing. Just sit, lean back and look up letting the air blow through my hair and seeing the world upside down.
3. Stop for 1/2 hour for a good cup of coffee at the local cafe.
4. Listen to my ipod filled with all my favourite affirmation songs
5. Meditate for 15 minutes
You see how it goes? Just fun filled and easy things that you can do everyday without stressing about finding the time or the energy. Easy is what life is all about from now on.
Have you written your list?
Great! So now, let's get out there and do it, all of it, today.
And then tomorrow, do it all again, one at a time, and then the day after and the day after until it becomes a normal everyday occurrence.
Have fun and I'll be back in a week with Habit 2 - The Art of Appreciation.
Have you subscribed to our newsletter Pivot and claimed your free happiness gifts including
* a JOYgasm
* The Law of Attraction in action ebook
* Anne's ebook 7 steps to financial abundance for your kids
* A Life on Fire ebook
Return to Step up to JOY home page